When we talk about our #beYOUtiful campaign, we talk about harnessing our own power. We've heard a lot about this from some of our previous guest bloggers. And yes, we'll agree with you: Finding your own power is often easier said than done...but you just have to believe, and change your dialogue. In a repost from last year's #beYOUtiful article series, we'll let Nina explain this:
Maya Angelou once said, “if a human being dares to be bigger than the condition into which she or he was born, it means so can you. And so you can try to stretch, stretch, stretch yourself…”
What would the world look like if we all stepped into our power? Our greatness. Our purpose. Our truth. Our light. Our essence. To me, these are all the same. Do you want to know something? We already have our greatness in us. We are born with it. Somewhere between birth and adulthood, we lose sight of our power because of other people's words, other people's perception of us, other people's opinions. Their words speak so loudly in our minds that we have to learn or re-learn what our power is in order to shine that light on the world.
I used to be filled with what I call a ticker tape of self-doubt. Not a moment would go by without harsh, negative words running across my mind. Any time I made a decision, I was filled with anxiety. Any thought I had was tied to another judgmental thought. It took years of living in San Diego, under the sun and stars and palm trees to observe and learn about myself—and come to know and value myself. Here is what I learned: If you practice sitting in stillness and listen, eventually and over time, your own voice...your inner wisdom will tell you the truth of who you are.
Once you learn the truth about who you are and what you can give to the world, your purpose, your power, your voice is limitless and infinite. How do you learn this truth? First, you have to listen to the words you speak to yourself and about yourself. Too often we fill our minds with limiting beliefs. We lean into self doubt and nurture it with judgement as if all the words that have been spoken to us about ourselves are true.
They are not all true!
The truth of who we are lies only in who we know ourselves to be, who we know we want to be, and the many intentional steps we take everyday to get us there!
There is hope. We must reframe the stories and words in order to see ourselves in our true light again. How do we do this? Here are some tips you can start doing today to change the words and the way we speak to ourselves and step into your power:
1) Notice how you speak to yourself. Do you speak to yourself in harsh and judgmental words and tones? If the answer is "yes," think of a person in your life who supports and cheers you on the most. How would that person speak to you? Would they use degrading language? Or would they uplift you and cheer you on? Start by speaking to yourself this way.
2) If something negative comes up in your mind, pause. Ask yourself, "is this serving me?". If the answer is "no," repeat Step 1.
3) Know that your words matter. A part of changing the narrative in our mind is changing how we treat others. We can speak to others in kind and respectful tones even when, and especially when, we disagree with them.
4) Be patient with yourself. Progress does not come overnight. Do the work and treat yourself with the love and patience you show other people.
5) Speak positively to yourself. Use words of empowerment and encouragement, even if you don't believe them yet.
Ultimately, seek what you want from your life and eventually the running thoughts will be replaced with a calm mind. Here's what I said to myself. Feel free to speak this to yourself (or change it to suit you). Know that I am rooting for you:
I am grateful.
I am more than enough.
I am intuitive and courageous.
I am strong beyond what I even know.
There are dreams on the other side of this struggle that are waiting for me.
I am coming for them.
Those dreams are definitely waiting for you, and we're here to help you achieve them. Pick up one of our #beYOUtiful Motivate Wraps, or one of our new limited edition "I am..." Motivate Wraps. Each wrap in these two collections is on sale this week only. You can also download your free #beYOUtiful sign. Snap a pictures and share it on Instagram. Tag @momentumjewelry, #momentumjewelry and #beYOUtiful so we can support your efforts to achieve great power!