Another year is ahead of us, and from all of us here at Momentum, we sincerely hope good things await you. Whether you're making resolutions, coming up with goals or setting intentions—believe that 2018 is yours for the taking, and grab onto it with a zestful belief in yourself. To help you step off the year on the right foot, Kelli Hashimoto of Run Happy Eat Happy is here with a few of our favorite Momentum mantras.
The start of a new year is the perfect opportunity to hit the reset button. Maybe you committed to living a healthier lifestyle, or maybe you registered for your first marathon. For me, 2017 was the year to run a marathon in less than four hours—I was so excited to reach that goal! This year, I will be chasing a 3:50 marathon time goal. I am also committing to a more sustainable and balanced diet. While this will not be easy, I am excited for the challenge.
My collection of Momentum Jewelry helped me reach my goal last year, and the same mantras will hopefully help me reach my goals again this year. Maybe they will help you, too:
1. Dream Big We all know this Walt Disney quote: "if you can dream it, you can do it." So strive for a goal that is attainable, but dream big because you might even surprise yourself this year. At the beginning of last year, I wasn’t sure if my dream of running a marathon in less than four hours was realistic. I ran my first marathon in 4:36, so I knew that I had a lot of work ahead of me.
2. Believe In Yourself Every great journey begins and ends with you—you are enough. Always remind yourself that you can achieve your goal, and remember why you started. By practicing positive thinking, you will keep your motivation strong. I needed to start believing that my goal was realistic. I needed to be my biggest motivator.
3. Inspire & Empower Find a crew or help us #sharethespark on Instagram! The Momentum Jewelry ambassador crew and my local running group not only changed my life for the better, but also continue to inspire me every day. There are not enough words to express my appreciation for the running and fitness community, and I always encourage everyone to join the movement.
4. Find Joy In The Journey The journey will not be easy, but I promise you that it will be worth it. Know that some days will be easier than others, but don't beat yourself up on the difficult days. Strive to enjoy every second of your journey because the year will fly by before you know it.
5. Stronger Than Yesterday While it is easy to get caught up in the journey, don’t forget to look back to see how far you've come. Celebrate each short-term win that gets you a step closer to your goal. Last April, I finished the Big Sur Marathon in 4:12. Though I was initially disappointed, I celebrated the 24 minute PR and came back even stronger in July when I finished the San Francisco Marathon in 3:57.
With a lot of hard work and dedication—and maybe a few Motivate Wraps, too!—you can turn your dreams into realities. Kelli is proof, and we are proud of her for achieving her 2017 goals. Will she repeat in 2018? Will YOU make all your dreams come true? Tell us what you're aiming for so we can be your cheerleader. Be sure to tag @momentumjewelry on Instagram when you take us on your journey, and use #momentumjewelry and #sharethespark in your captions so the rest of this inspirational community can cheer for you, too.